Preparing for Pandemic (worldwide) Influenza
A pandemic is a worldwide disease outbreak. An influenza pandemic
occurs when a new influenza A virus emerges for which humans have little or no immunity to , begins to cause serious illness
and then starts spreading person to person globally at an eccelerated rate .
The federal government, states, communities and industry are taking
steps to prepare for and respond to an influenza pandemic.
A pandemic is likely to be a prolonged and widespread outbreak that
could require temporary changes in our society, such as
schools, work places, transportation and other public services we take for granted. A public that is well informed can take appropriate actions to lessen their risk
during a pandemic.
Communities, Businesses and Individuals Should:
- Develop preparedness plans as you would for other public health emergencies.
- Participate and promote public health efforts in your state and community.
with your local public health officials and health care providers; they
can supply information about the signs and symptoms of a specific
- Implement prevention and control actions recommended by your public health officials and providers.
good health habits, including eating a balanced diet, exercising daily,
and getting sufficient rest and take these common-sense steps to stop
the spread of germs.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues.
- Stay away from others as much as possible if you are sick.
- Stay informed about pandemic influenza and be prepared to respond.
- Consult www.avianinfluenza.org frequently for updates on national and international information on pandemic influenza.
- Use national and local pandemic hotlines that will be established in the eventuality of a global influenza outbreak.
- Listen to radio and television and read media stories about pandemic flu.
Petrol station upgrade, bird flu warning, more vehicle charging points, Rotar...
9 Oct 2019 at 12:00am
"target="_blank" title="Petrol station upgrade, bird flu warning, more vehicle charging points, Rotary visit, gin export success - Shetland News">Petrol station upgrade, bird flu warning, more vehicle charging points, Rotar...
9 Oct 2019 at 12:00am